HVAC No Bull Forum — For techs. By techs.A conversation from the HVAC School community
Want to join the conversation?

The forum is free. Sign in or create an account to reply and see member profiles.

Residential HVAC

For the Techs that service vented or ventless gas logs. What is the white powder that I’m seeing…

Discussion · Sep 26, 2026

For the Techs that service vented or ventless gas logs. What is the white powder that I’m seeing that collects on the logs and surrounding areas? Recently serviced a customers ventless propane gas logs and notice a lot of this powder like debris. Any one know what’s going on here?

Share this discussion

Anyone with the link can read this discussion. Sign-in is required to join in.

FacebookLinkedIn

Replies

Reply · Sep 28, 2026

It could be many things that cause the staining and over time with out cleaning the glass regularly the build up is tough to get off. I used to service gas fire places all the time 25 years ago most folks would wait until it was tough if not impossible to get rid of the mineral deposits. https://fireplaceadviser.com/gas-fireplace-white-residue/